Hello tribe! Let me unveil the unrelated thoughts swirling in my mad-cap mind this morning.
1. Have I mentioned I am thrilled about Thanksgiving this year? Instead of cooking all day for my people and then cleaning up all night, I will be eating at a restaurant with my people. Genius! Mostly though, I look forward to hanging with those I adore.
2. Today = Art Day. My favorite kind of day. That’s when I throw caution and organization to the wind, don my get-messy outfit and paint/glue/sketch/sew/rip/sing as much as I can before the school bus drops off my people. I stock my online shop with these creations. It will be open soon for the holiday season!
Here are my forearm and brush at a previous Art Day.
3. Like much of the country, it’s prematurely cold here. Snow, in fact. I’m not unhappy about this because I have cross-country skis and I am near snowy woods. Also because the Monon Center luminary walk through the woods is this weekend. I love this free event and hope Saturday is a snowy evening. Our kids will be elsewhere. My man and I will sneak kisses under this bridge and in the dark snowy woods beyond. Now THAT, my friends, is a luminary walk. #mononcenter
4. I am reading a darling, thought-provoking darn good book that just came out called 52 Little Lessons from Les Miserables. Look in my next post for your chance to win your very own hard-cover copy!
5. Dang it, I’m lucky and blessed and happy for so many reasons. One of those is that I love living in Carmel, Indiana. True, I had reservations about moving back to my home state after so many years away. True, the winters are longer than I prefer. Otherwise, I love my small town at the edge of a giant city.
And–I’m thankful for YOU, sweet reader! Please comment and let me know one thing you are thankful for. I would loooove to know. Would make Art Day even more fun.